Feb 1, 2008

Beauty Routines

In my past life, (read: before kids!) I was a make-up artist for MAC cosmetics. The best part about my job was the quarterly gratis we received. I never was tempted to purchase cosmetics anywhere else and with good reason. At that time the MAC foundations were spectacular, the eyeshadow was like gold and the lipstick stayed on through cigarettes, coffee and pasta (my unfortunate diet of my youth.)
Fast forward to today where my 2 children often are more in need of socks in the morning, after school activities are frequent and starting my own business is a wee bit overwhelming. MAC as a whole no longer offers everything I need. I need a great skincare line MORE than a foundation and lets face it, false eyelashes, which I lived in, just don't cut it at the local Kroger's.
So here are a few products that have become life-savers to me:

Repercharge skincare line has eradicated a need for heavy thick foundations, concealers or powders. This line has drastically improved my skin like no other. I simply cannot live without their cleanser, hydrating mist and opti-lift moisturizing line.

Mirabella foundation-Whether I use the loose mineral foundation or the compact mineral foundation I look like I have great skin as opposed to great spackle.

Un-Stress Vitamin and Herbal Formula-I picked this up at Whole Foods based on a recommendation from a friend and it had truely had an effect on my over-all mood. Thats code for: it kicks PMS in the ass!
Bonus, it has stopped 95% of my hormonal break-outs!!


Mirabella Custom Eyes Kit- A complete no brainer for eyeshadow placement. Plus they are customised for different colored eyes. Each kit contains 4 eyeshadows, a lash primer, mascara, liner, sharpener and a huge mirror. All for about 35.00 retail.

Tomorrow I'll share some basic clothing pieces that save my butt on a daily basis.

No comments: