Apr 5, 2010

The Twenties

Currently reading : The Bolter by Frances Osborne. A fascinating tale of Idina Sackville's life and loves in the Twenties.





last night I read this passage:


" Idina decided she might as well be as bad as she could. Like her mother and grandmother before her, she was pushing at boundaries. She had her hair shingled to razor-thin shortness at the back and painted her fingernails green."


Green?


I wasn't the fan of Chanel's green nail varnish, however this fueled my twenties obsessed mind.


Green.


I quicly purchased and lacquered my nails with "Emerald City" by Sally Hansen.


Perfection. Quite like the feathers of a peacock.




Idina was quite the seductress as Fred de Janze describes her in "Vertical Land."
"She sits by my side laughing up at the boy. Amberliqueur; amber glass; pink nails; white skin; cream silk shirt and red kekoi."





Also having a visual love fest with this book:




Finding new inspirations in Pola Negri





Must have something to do with my new asymetrical bob and the many old movies i watch on TCM....

No comments: