Jan 31, 2011

step on a crack, break your goddamn bank account

Just finished watching the 12 pt. series of "Cracks" via youtube. I'm sure there was a much easier way to view this 2009 gem, however when I say I am "out of touch with most modern nuances" please believe me.
Anyway, "Cracks" is set in 1934 at an all girls BOARDING SCHOOL, set in some Moorish, (filmed in Ireland) dank, dark, wet place. The diving instructor, Miss G, basically manipulates, lies, enthralls and ruins the lives of her "team."
There's more, much, much more, but you really should watch it. Really.
Whilst the movie is tantalizing, scandalous and somewhat suspenseful, I found the best part was (ta dah) the costumes. Specifically the costumes and BEDROOM of Miss G (played by Eva Green.)
This has lead me to scout out ANY clothing reminiscent of the silhouette so beloved in the thirties.
Notes on a Scandal
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie









this is going to cost me, I just know it!

No comments: